TopOfBlogs

Monday, October 15, 2007

Hari Raya holiday in Singapore!

Weekend just flew past like this!! It was a public holiday here for us in Singapore on Saturday, 13 Oct 2007 ... We were celebrating the Hari Raya holiday (typically celebrated by the Malays, its like their New Year celebration).

I understand this is the day where the Malays break their fasting after a period of about 1 month as a form of their religious commitment. Boy, what an amazing feat to be able to fast without food in the day for this long! And then it is after this day i.e. Hari Raya day that they finally break their fast and can have their normal meals again. So the Malays will celebrate by visiting their relatives, friends to eat and feast on homemade food, goodies, cookies and tarts etc on this day! Being a holiday, I was also out and didnt get to touch any of my knits...

Anyway, before I forget I have finally managed to put up a picture (see above) of the "Pink" book I am now most pleased with - "The Bumper Book of Knitting" (refer to previous post below for details) ....

No comments: